Today as it’s Budget Day, we updated our infographic that shows where the tax goes that is collected on the ‘old reliables’ – cigarettes and alcohol.
There are two types of tax collected:
- Excise duty
- Value added tax (VAT)
- A bottle of wine costs €10
- A packet of cigarettes costs €11
- A pint of 5% alcohol beer costs €5
- Disel costs are based on the size of an average Ford Focus car (55 litres)
- No change in excise duties on alcohol, petrol or diesel.
- 50c was added to the price of a 20 pack of cigarettes.
Tagged with: budget2015